Thursday 22 December 2011

Deeper Conversations (figuratively, not literally) with Yuna

I am absolutely a fan of this local talented indie songstress! I was rooting for her endless during the Semi Finals for Anugerah Juara Lagu 2011 recently; and was ecstatic when both songs she performed was nominated to go through the finals in January 2012!

I have a couple of her original albums - Deeper Conversations & Decorate - and they were brilliant & superb; my companion during my endless journey to work every morning, & back home in the evening.

I got myself seats for the upcoming launch of her latest album "Terukir Di Bintang" in Jan 2012 - I can't wait & am ridiculously excited to watch her perform, hehe. I was really upset with myself for missing her earlier performance at the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra Hall in Sept 2011, despite it being prolonged to a 2-day performance (mental note to self: never procastinate to buy tickets to your favourite singer's concert, ever again! Just bloody get them else you'll end up mentally kicking yourself once you find out they're sold out. Lesson absolutely learned!)

These are the 2 songs that was nominated to the finals:

Gadis Semasa - love this brilliant song!


Penakut - this is definetely not an easy song to sing. Try it.



And my personal favourite - Deeper Conversations. An absolute lovely masterpiece.

"Is your favourite colour blue?
Do you always tell the truth?
Do you believe in outerspace?
And I'm learning you

Is your skin as tanned as mine?
Does your hair flow sideways?
Did someone took a portion of your heart?
And I'm learning you

And if you dont mind
Can you tell me
All your hopes and fears
and Everything that you believe in
Would you make a difference in the world
I'd love for you to take me to a deeper conversation
Only you can make me

I let my guard down for you
And in time you will too"


xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.